Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Music Monday: Chuseok Edition

I've missed a few Music Mondays (and Science Saturdays) because, well, I work too much. But I have a doozy of a one for you now! This past Monday was a pretty special day here in Korea. It was August 15th (according to the lunar calendar), or Chuseok.



Often called a Korean Thanksgiving, Chuseok is a day of being with family, games, celebrating the fall harvest, food, and honoring ancestors. August 14th, 15th, and 16th (again, lunar calendar dates) are all days off: one for traveling, one for celebrating, and one for traveling back home. I had off from work, so I went to Gyeongju for a few days at Golgulsa temple. This Music Monday comes from that experience; the regularly scheduled music meme will go back on schedule next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment