Well, today wasn't quite rainy, but I had the day off from work and I felt gross (my allergies tend to explode into proper illness if I don't drug myself up enough), so I gave it a shot. It looked simple enough, after all.
Here's what I came up with:
Easy enough. This was my second try; the first I had greatly overestimated how much wire I'd need and the prongs practically met in the center.
The steps are generally pretty clear, though when you're doing structural stuff towards the end the photos could have benefited from a bit of a Photoshop touch and the writing from a bit of clarity. Both would have been ideal. Eventually, I ended up kind of faking it. I'll spend another afternoon going over that part in detail so I can get a better grasp on it.
This is perfect for all of my over-sized foreign currency. I have some smaller coins that are destined to meet a Dremel and become charms or links, but I like the idea of making larger ones a focal piece all on their own.