Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What I'm Reading: Mrs. Dalloway



I said I would read it in January, and that's exactly what I'm doing! I originally read Mrs. Dalloway in college so there's nothing really new to me. I will say that I'm reading this edition, and the introduction and footnotes are quite interesting—they're something new to me this time around, at least! (I don't normally read introductions first, unless I've already read the book.) So if you come across this one, pick it up. Or at least nose through the introduction.

Overall it's a cozy and familiar way to start the new year.

2 comments:

  1. I love rereading my favorite books! I haven't read Mrs. Dalloway yet. I really need to get better about reading more classics >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally a re-reader because I am blessed (cursed?) with a pretty good memory. Once in a while I'll want to re-read a book straight away, but that's usually for writerly "technical study" purposes.

      But it's been over ten (!!) years since I first read Mrs. Dalloway so I'm pretty sure I've forgotten enough to be able to enjoy it again.

      Delete