Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday 5: Grabby

There’s a convenience store nearby and you have a small case of the munchies. What do you grab?

A chocolate protein shake and then a croissant or a piece of fruit. Maybe both!




You’re about to get on a plane and someone just stole all your reading material, but there’s a newsstand nearby. What magazine (of likely available titles) do you grab? 




Why am I so chill about someone stealing my stuff? Because if they've stolen my airplane reading material, that means they have my phone!

But I'll answer this question in the spirit in which it's intended, which is: what would I grab from Hudson News (or whatever) if I didn't have any of my own reading material for a flight. The answer is: anything without an airbrushed model or celebrity that isn't also about business or sports.


On a regular work day, where do you grab lunch and what do you get if you don’t bring a lunch from home?

Since I have the luxury of working from phone, I grab lunch in my own kitchen (which is also my office). After putting in a couple hours in the comma mines (I use the Pomodoro Method, but I tend to work for entire hours instead of 25-minute bursts), I take a leisurely lunch: usually a sandwich or a bowl of muesli, sometimes leftovers.



Instead of a lunch, you decide you need a quick nap during your workday. Where can you grab 40 winks?





In my own damn bed!


How close to your head is your cell phone when you’re asleep in bed?


Image courtesy DodgertonSkillhause


Not at all. I leave it to charge in the kitchen partially because there's not enough outlet space by the bed, and partially because having to get up and walk to the opposite end of the apartment to shut off the alarm helps me wake up.

2 comments:

  1. Airplane reading material is a strange thing to steal. I mean why didn't they just steal your wallet? Then they could buy their own reading material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I don't think that garbage-y Jodi Piccoult* paperback is going to get you much in the long run!

      *I don't actually read Jodi Piccoult novels, on airplanes or otherwise.

      Delete