Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday 5: Mornings Are for Coffee and Contemplation

Why are waffles better than pancakes?

Are they, though? I'll sit down to a stack of chocolate chip silver dollar pancakes anytime—plenty of fond childhood memories there. Of course, I also have fond memories of 3 AM Waffle House runs, but those aren't the same kind of fond memory.

I admit, however, to liking Swedish pancakes better than American pancakes.

American pancakes // Photo by Brigitte Tohm on Unsplash

Swedish pancakes are essentially crepes, and an excuse to have dessert for breakfast (or lunch, or dinner...I don't think they're a solid breakfast food here?).

Swedish pancakes, basically. // Photo by andreeautza on MorgueFile.com


Swedish waffles are materially identical to American waffles, except in shape.

Swedish waffle // Photo by Pietro De Grandi on Unsplash
American waffle // Photo by Joseph Gonzalez on Unsplash

What’s something you remember about being 11?

Middle school? Sixth grade? Lockers? It's a blur, truthfully.


What experience do you have with role-playing games such as Dungeons and Dragons?

Middle school is when I got started, though not with Dungeons and Dragons. Online play-by-post RPGs were kind of my thing; I didn't play D&D proper until college, with a weird mix of people who were really into getting into character and people (like me) who were more meta-gamer about it. Player groups shuffled and changed and settled as social groups shuffled and changed and settled, and now when I spend time with the final line-up (so to speak), it's not unusual to go for a casual one-shot, just for funsies.


How do you feel about carnival rides that make you go upside-down?

Not great? I don't like carnival rides in general. They feel so pointless.


You’ve seen Matthew Modine in more films than you realize (which he famously admitted during his opening monologue when he hosted Saturday Night Live in 1988) (filmography here). Which have you seen, and which was the best?

I might have seen him in more films than I realize, but that doesn't mean I've seen him in a lot. The only movies I've seen in that list are Full Metal Jacket, The Dark Knight Rises, and Stranger Things (not a movie, but still). Those are all really good, but I think Stranger Things might be the best? And I'm not just saying that because these questions are very obviously based on Stranger Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment