Friday, September 26, 2014

Foodie Friday: Nutella Ramen

This post comes courtesy of my friend Breda, though Lord knows where she dug it up. Somewhere on the South Korean Internet.

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm keen to. Since you're only using the ramen noodles (NOT the ramen sauce), it's not that much different from a crepe or some other pastry except in terms of how it's arranged. 

Here is the original recipe from a Naver blog. My Korean isn't up to even the meager task of translating a recipe, and I don't feel like hounding my Korean-speaking friends about it, and of course the typical back-asswards Korean web design means I can't actually select any text to run it through Google translate. So your guess is as good as mine, because we're both working off the pictures here.

1. Heat milk on low, add Nutella. Stir until well-combined. NB I am down on my Korean enough to be 100% sure that this is milk (probably 1% or 2%) being used, not cream or something.


2a. Break your square of ramen noodles into a form suitable for dipping. Fry them to your liking (but let them cool before dipping.)
2b. Alternatively, prepare them as you normally would (i.e. with boiling water)  and then eat them + the Nutella sauce with chopsticks. 
3. (Optional.) Skewer some fruit of your choice. Serve with a white wine of your choice.

So it's more like a Nutella fondue than Nutella ramen, but "Nutella ramen" is just weirder and more eye-catching, don't you think?

We have oodles of noodles (and Nutella) in the kitchen. I think I'm going to give this a go sometime when JV isn't around to side-eye me for eating weird things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment