Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Language Acquisition and Cosmos

Today is the first day of my 20 hour/week Swedish course. It's not the same kind of demand as a full-time job, obviously, but it does mean I won't have as much time or focus for blog entries as I've recently had. I have a few posts queued up, so even if I get swamped with work I won't disappear entirely. At least, not right away.

More importantly, JV and I watched the first installment in the Cosmos reboot and we were blown away. I've never been a fan of Seth MacFarlane, both as a humorist and as a person, but I am appreciative of the work he, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and others put into making the new Cosmos happen. If you missed the first episode, you can catch up at CosmosOnTV.com. If you're outside the US, I highly recommend the Hola plugin to mitigate any location-related difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment