Saturday, April 4, 2015

My New Band, Volume 2

Some new band names from the science mines for all you aspiring musicians out there! 

What's fun about playing My New Band is that often, when I notice the name, the genre hits me right away, nine times out of ten. I didn't have to think too hard about most of these, but maybe your immediate associations are different than mine?

From unsplash



1. The Insect Resistance

I had a hard time deciding what kind of band this would be. I eventually settled on like garage punk, but I'm not sure. This one is up for debate. Do you have any ideas?


2. Not Bot Hort

Electronica of some kind.


3. South China Fruits

Something bright and cheery with a lot of horns. Ska, maybe? Or just ~world music~?


4. (The) New Zeal

As if this could be anything but a throwback swing revival band!


5. Pernicious Anemia

I think the best choice for this one is an operatic or melodic metal band. It just sounds metal-y, plus it doubles as a not-very-funny joke. (Anemia = low iron levels in the blood, iron = metal, therefore a metal band named after anemia is funny?)


Did you get any different ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment