Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday 5: Guestimation


How well do you adjust to sleeping in an unfamiliar place?
Very well. Sleeping in strange places never disturbs my sleep.

When were you recently someone’s guest, and when were you recently someone’s host?
I traveled around the northeast US last fall while I was home for a wedding, and my parents and a few high school and college friends were excellent hosts. The last time I was a proper host was maybe two years ago? A friend of mine came to Stockholm for a few days during an epic around-the-world tour.

What’s the ickiest place where you’ve ever showered or bathed?
I don't know about showering or bathing, but I've had to use some really questionable toilets over the course of my travels. I think the worst would have to be the squat toilets you occasionally find throughout Korea (and elsewhere, I can only assume).

What’s something you don’t need but insist on taking when you travel?
I always, always, always take too many books. The age of the ebook reader has helped a lot with this bad habit--now I can carry an entire library in my pocket!--but still, by all accounts I don't need to load up my Kindle app with all of those books. I'm just very optimistic about how I'll use all of that dead time while I'm in the air (or on the road).

Who’s got a comfy couch?
The couch in my parents' basement (if it's still there) is one of the most comfortable I've ever encountered. The friends in Albany that I visited during the aforementioned trip also have a fantastic, sleepable couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment