Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday 5: With A Capital T

The movie poster for The Music Man

What kind of trouble are you getting yourself into?

I've been really bad at time management this summer. I'm on some long-term projects that don't have immediate deadlines, but nonetheless I should be further along than I am. I guess, if I were to be fair to myself, I would point out that I'm using this low period to invest in some professional development (aka reading up on translation theory).

There's an old saw about how work expands or contracts to fit the amount of time you have, and I'm finding that to be the case. I'm only as efficient as my workload is heavy.


What was your most recent car trouble?

Ages ago because Stockholm is a walkable, car-optional city!


What’s a rhyming phrase (such as “work jerk” or “poo shoe”) to describe something causing you problems lately?

Sun fun. As in, I want to have too much of it.


What’s something that needs loosening or unsticking?

I've straight up body checked the automatic doors at Gullmarsplan in between the bus stops and the subway station multiple times because they open so slooooooooooooowly.


What’s your favorite board game involving rolling dice?

I don't know if Munchkin counts, since it's a card game and not a board game. If not, then Settlers of Catan.

No comments:

Post a Comment