Friday, June 22, 2018

Friday 5: Esprit

Photo by Steve Richey on Unsplash


What’s your spirit animal?

I'm going to back away from that specific terminology because I'm not even remotely Native American (no, not even 1/64th Cherokee Princess). But as for an animal I relate to, black bears spring to mind. I just want to nose around the forest and eat fruit and berries all day (and as I get older, my "fur coat" only seems to get thicker and darker, sigh...). But I'm not nearly as dangerous as an actual black bear when provoked.

It's my birthday soon, which makes me a Cancer in the Western zodiac. According to the stereotype, Cancers have a hard, tough shell to protect their squishy and vulnerable insides. That sounds about right.


What’s your spirit tree?

I can't relate to any tree specifically, but my mortal enemy tree is pine trees. I have a pine (and fir) allergy, which means I'm allergic to Christmas and pesto sauce. Are there other trees that hate pine trees?

Given my stature, I'm not even really tree-like at all. I'm much more of a shrub. I'll go with juniper, I guess. We had a bunch of juniper bushes lining our driveway for years. Teacher Dad was actually planting them when Lawyer Mom went into labor with me.  (Lawyer Mom: "My water just broke, we're having this baby." Teacher Dad: "Make some sandwiches while I finish getting this one in the ground and then we'll go to the hospital.") Those plants are no longer with us, but there are still a couple juniper shrubs (bushes?)  elsewhere on their property, and they remind me of home.


What’s your spirit food or beverage?

"Bullsky," or equal parts Red Bull and whisky (the cheapest bottom shelf stuff you can find). This is not an actual cocktail you can (or should) order anywhere, or any kind of actual "thing" except with a couple members of my trivia team in the US. But it's an oddball, low-class combination with a distinct flavor that's not for everyone. Just like me!



What’s your spirit weather phenomenon?

Clear skies, bright sun, 28 *C temperatures, a touch of humidity. I'm a wilting tropical orchid.


What’s your spirit passenger vehicle?

I am absolutely an off-brand knock off Mini Cooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment