Monday, January 7, 2019

Happy New Year, I'm Not Dead, Here's Some Statistics on the Books I Read in 2018

WOW FAM WHAT'S UP, I'M NOT DEAD


This was a weird year for the blog and I feel bad about that. Part of the reason this was a weird year was that I accidentally-on-purpose scaled back my Etsy investments in terms of time and energy. I simply don't have the desire or the savvy to gain traction for my ~~brand and with that realization came a steep fall-off in motivation to blog here, when I already have a personal blog elsewhere AND my freelance dayjob blog to maintain.

But I like having a casual public face (as opposed to a professional public face and a casual private face) so I still want to do something with this space. Or maybe I'll loosen up with the professional public face a bit and just fold this blog into that one. I don't know. Whatever! I have a couple of custom items I made last year that I should share here, at least.

This year was also a weird year in books for me. It was the first year in almost a decade where I didn't have a checklist of books I wanted to finish, so I was more adrift in my reading habits than usual. However, book clubs and the DipTrans recommended reading list provided some much needed structure, and they contributed a lot to my reading this year, in particular the Austin Feminist Sci-Fi Book Club.

I also want to document my favorite books of 2018, but this little widget is provides some interesting extraneous data not covered by a simple list of 5-star books. Not pictured in the screenshot above is my average rating for the year: 3.3. As it should be, statistically speaking.

2 comments: