Friday, September 7, 2012

Foodie Friday: Peanut Butter Ramen

So remember last Foodie Friday, how I said I'd be trying a recipe I found calling for peanut butter + ramen?

I tried it.

It was delicious.

This is the cheapest faux-Thai food out there, and what's more, it's really filling. Granted, I may have added, oh, twice as much peanut butter as the recipe called for, but that's neither here nor there. Usually with Shin Ramen (my preferred brand: their circular ramen noodles fit perfectly in my bowl!) I'll still be hungry after all the noodles are gone, even though I typically load it up with cheese, peppers, and tofu. This time, by the time I was about halfway through, I was full.

Divorced and Homeless Ramen: Kokoba's Version

Ingredients:

  • Preferred brand of spicy-flavored ramen (I like Shin Ramen)
  • Peanut butter (2 - 4 tbsp)
  • Your favorite veggies, sliced
  • 1 slice cheese (nothing here in Uijeongbu but American cheese)
Preparation:

  1. Nuke your ramen in plain water (you'll mix the packet in later). Chop veggies while you wait. I prefer bell peppers and onions.
  2. Drain the water so you have maybe a quarter to a half as much as you did when you started. It depends on if you like soupy, watery broth or thick, creamy broth.
  3. Add the ramen mix and the peanut butter. Add as much peanut butter as you want.
  4. Add one slice cheese. I guess this is optional, but based on the "peanut butter and cheese snack crackers" precedent, I say they go well together. Any extra protein can't hurt, right?
  5. Mix.
  6. Once mixed more or less to your satisfaction, add the veggies.
  7. Nuke again, for 30 seconds to a minute, to warm up the veggies and melt the peanut butter (and cheese).



This sounds absolutely vile, and it looks kind of awkward and unfortunate, but it is damn tasty. I'll definitely be making this again in the future. Try it and let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment