Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Groundhog Day!

Apologies for the absence; my laptop (Priscilla) needed a fixing. Actually, she still does, but it's more or less a cosmetic fix so I'm willing to live with it for a while.

I love Groundhog Day for a few reasons. First of all, it's totally ridiculous and I love that it's ridiculous. Groundhog Day is not a day that takes itself seriously. It's also the birthday of one of my good college friends (happy birthday, Aaron!). And finally, Groundhog Day is all about Pennsylvania's most renowned celebrity, Punxsutawney Phil. Sure, Phil's legacy did inspire some of the most annoying state lottery commercials of all time ("I'm Gus, the second most famous groundhog in Pennsylvania!"), but I still have a bit of dopey Pennsylvania pride left about him. While Ele from minouette may not state it outright in her description, I think we ALL know which groundhog this is in her awesome thermochromic* linocut...!







*the shadow is thermochromic ink that disappears when it's heated above 86* F/30* C

No comments:

Post a Comment