Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday 5: French Kissing

What’s your favorite kind of French fry?


Image courtesy Dodgerton Skillhause
Is there more than one kind of French fry? :O I guess there's waffle fries, curly fries, etc. And potato wedges? Do they count? Well, I guess my favorite is the typical julienne fries, a la McDonald's.


Where can you get really good French toast?


Image courtesy Laura Musikanski
I have no idea. There's a cafe in Old Town called "B.A.D. (Breakfast All Day) Cafe"; they might be the ticket. But any time I have to go to Old Town, it's always after they've closed.


What are your feelings about French salad dressing?


Image courtesy Domas on Morguefile
I've never had it. As a kid I was all about dat ranch, 'bout dat ranch. Now that I'm a grown-up, I'm happy with just olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Even then not much, and I prefer the olive oil to the balsamic vinegar. (JV prefers the balsamic vinegar, so when we make salad for dinner we have to add the oil and vinegar to our respective dishes.)


What’s something you know how to say in French?




Quel'que chose je sais comment dire en français. :P I had to dig way too hard for that, and I'm not even sure I got it right. Ouch.


What French films have you seen?


At first I thought this was really great cosplay. Then I noticed the advertisement in the back. //
Image courtesy Thibaud Van Rillas.
Amelie, The Triplets of Belleville, Le Grand Bleu, and Léon. I'm trying my best with my 101 in 1001 goal about foreign movies, but those foreign movies are rarely French. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment