Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday 5: Stop, Hey, What's That Sound?

Everybody look what's going down...

What’s a sound you like falling asleep to?

I like to have JV read to me. Lovecraft puts me right to sleep. Nerd love.


What sounds do you hear right now?

JV is making me some tea.


What actor or actress has a speaking voice you especially like?

Oh, man. This is a tough one: voice is the number one best trait a man can have, as far as I'm concerned. But I don't really keep track of actors' voices, and I don't really have a celebrity voice crush.

Wait, I know! Brian Blessed!




What musical instrument has a sound you find unpleasant?

Soprano saxophones are the work of the devil and Kenny G is a literal demon.


What are some great songs about listening or hearing?

"I Can Hear You" by They Might be Giants, which is cool because they recorded it with Edison's original wax cylinder recorder.





"Just Listen" by Brother





"Heard it Through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye but I really kind of prefer Creedence Clearwater Revival's ridiculous, self-indulgent 11-minute version.



"I Can Hear Music" by The Ronettes




"I'm Listening" by Morning Show, welcome to the indie hipster portion of the blog post.



"Listen Up" by Oasis



No comments:

Post a Comment