Monday, December 12, 2016

Newly Listed: Blue Sky Avogadro Chemistry Necklace

I'm a slow one on trends. It's 2016 and I'm only just now trying to put out jewelry inspired by Breaking Bad.

Me IRL. Is this how you meme???
Better late than never, I guess. I've already talked about my blue daisy Avogadro bracelet. Here's a necklace, salvaged from a couple Kokoba alpha releases, with a slightly different look:

Breaking Bad fans Blue Sky chemistry sciart necklace science jewelry STEMinism
Blue Sky Chemistry Necklace by Kokoba
The stone is dyed howlite. Howlite is relatively porous and is often dyed funky colors that are hard or impossible to find in nature (lime green, hot pink, canary yellow, etc.).


 Its gray marbling also makes it a popular choice for imitation turquoise, so people often use it for a bargain turquoise look.

Mostly I'm glad to cannibalize ugly old jewelry that I'm no longer proud of into something much nicer and much more likely to make someone happy. I have some dyed agate and fiber optic beads left over—I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with those yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment