Friday, January 19, 2018

Friday 5: One is Silver; The Other's Gold

Image courtesy Alex Chambers

Who made you laugh most in 2017?

I guess Lord Xenu (aka my partner), since I spent more time with him than anyone else.


What’s something you learned or discovered in 2017?

A friend of mine directed my attention to Ester Blenda Nordström, about whom there has been a recent spate of new media, including a documentary and a new biography.


In what way was 2017 better than 2016?

I think worse things might have happened in 2017, but they felt less bad (for those not directly impacted, obviously) because they were largely things we could see coming as of November 2016. The celebrity deaths in 2017 also seemed to have relented, at least a little, though my heart broke over Adam West.


What was your most pleasing purchase in 2017?

Houseplants! A humidifier! A stepstool! I'M A REALLY BORING ADULT, Y'ALL.


When in 2017 were you pleasantly surprised?

Blue waves in Virginia and again in Alabama. Let's keep that momentum going!

No comments:

Post a Comment