Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday 5: Seasons

Image courtesy Chris Lawton


What foods are most representative of each of the four seasons?

Summer for me is ice cream, strawberries, smoothies, and salads. Fall is apple EVERYTHING, and tea. Winter is chili and more tea, and also cookies. Spring is a trash fire of a season and I hate it.


What are good songs to represent each of the four seasons?






What would be good films to represent each of the four seasons?

I always watch The Big Lebowksi  on New Year's Eve. I don't know how or when or even why I picked up this habit, but there it is, so that's my pick for winter. I also always watch Groundhog Day on, well, Groundhog Day, but I think that's close enough to spring to count. (Again, spring is a garbage season and I hate it.) Alternatively, I always like to watch The Pirates of Penzance on Leap Day, which is that much closer to spring, so maybe that one? The Fourth of July is always a good time to watch something with explosions and punches and ridiculousness: "(Jason) Bourne on the Fourth of July," for example. Or a Rambo marathon, or Independence Day. Any one of those will work. And with Halloween, fall is the perfect time for your favorite scary movie. I have a soft spot for mid-century horror movies, myself: spooky but not terrifying. The best of those isn't even a horror movie, it's a straight-up black comedy: The Comedy of Terrors. Vincent Price, u da reel MVP.


If you could divide the calendar year into four seasons some other way with some other theme besides weather or major professional sports, where would each seasons begin and end, and what would each be called?

If there were any rhyme or reason or pattern to my Etsy sales, that would probably be a way to do it: busy seasons and off seasons. The same goes for editing. But whether or not I'm busy with those seems pretty arbitrary, at least for now, so...meh.


What’s something in your area that’s extra fun in the winter?

I guess if you like skiing, there's that. But I don't. There's nothing really extra fun about winter for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment