Friday, March 9, 2018

Friday 5: Dog

Happy year of the dog!

What doglike traits do you possess?

I'd like to think that I'm an unflaggingly loyal ride-or-die friend. I'm also usually pretty optimistic (or as optimistic as being a realist gets you) and bounce out of bad moods easily, though I wouldn't call myself full-on "cheerful."

What’s your favorite dog movie?

I'm going to go ahead and count Babe in this one. It's about a pig who acts like a dog and does a dog's job in a dog's world, so I say it's close enough.

When did you last have a hot dog?

Probably when I had a tunnbrödsrulle from a random gatukök (literally "street kitchen") back in the fall. For the uninitiated:

Image courtesy awesomehotdog.com


I don't really like hot dogs at all, but in the interest of Drunk Swedish Tradition opted to try one. The standard recipe calls for two but I could have sworn that mine only had one. It's some of the heaviest drinking food I've ever had; it's not a snack, it's a full-on meal. (These days I opt for the sit-down kebab places and go for a plate. No less filling, but more manageable. And no hotdogs.)

Who is (or was) a good celebrity dog?

I always felt sorry for the chihuahuas that got toted along in celebrity purses. Has that stopped being a thing? I hope so.

What are you doing for chow this weekend?

Friday nights are pizza nights. Saturdays I usually have tea or coffee and some sweets at my morning tutoring appointment, then a small lunch at home,  then either dinner with one of my tutoring families (usually homemade pizza or a Persian dish of some variety) or at home. Sunday will be a morning tea and snack with another tutoring appointment, and then either food at home (sandwiches, pyttipanna) or take-out at a friend's.

No comments:

Post a Comment