Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What I'm Playing: HabitRPG

You're all playing HabitRPG right now, too. You just don't know it yet.

See, someone finally had the idea to gamify real life and give you rewards like gold and XP for completing arduous tasks like doing the dishes, exercising, or cleaning your apartment. Brilliant!

I'm only level 3 right now, so there isn't a whole lot of world content available for me at the moment. I'm sure that'll change soon: I am constantly adding new tasks to accomplish (like writing blogposts) and leveling up like crazy.

The best part about HabitRPG is that it is absolutely free. There's not much in the game you can't purchase or acquire for free, though you can unlock some things faster by donating to the site. I've only been using it for a couple days but already I'm more motivated to stay focused on tasks and get important things done. Which is sad, I guess, but that's how it goes: sometimes you need some external motivation to get things done!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this sounds brilliant xD I'll have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! Since I posted this I've made it to level 11 and unlocked character classes, equipment, and pets. Hats off to the developers, they've found an excellent way to gamify real life.

      Delete