Monday, November 21, 2016

Newly Listed: Bright Pink Physics Gravity Bracelet

I tried to dabble in polymer clay, but ultimately I decided that I wasn't cut out for the task. JV, on the other hand, is a pro at making tiny, delicate things. One of his tricks is folding origami cranes no taller than cigarettes—no joke! (I'll have to ask him to fold a new one sometime, so I can show you.) Other media for tiny, delicate things besides paper? Clay!

At the beginning of the year he experimented with making beads, and gifted a bunch to me. I loved their bright colors but wasn't sure what to use with them until a couple of weeks ago.

Bright pink green physics sciart jewelry bracelet
G in Pink, Green, and Orange by Kokoba
I think my color tastes are all out of step with the seasons. Cold, dark weather makes me crave bright spring colors; hot summer weather has me thinking about cool autumnal hues.

Bright pink green physics sciart jewelry bracelet
G in Pink, Green, and Orange

G is always a tricky one to memorialize in jewelry because it's had to measure. Every few years, as technology improves and measurement because more accurate (and sometimes also more precise!), CODATA comes out with new values for some of the physical constants, G included. They've made two updates since I started making and selling jewelry as Kokoba. When this happens, I tend to redo a piece if possible. This isn't always possible, however. In those cases, I indicate which year's value I used. 

Bright pink green physics sciart jewelry bracelet
G in Pink, Green, and Orange

I look forward to more pieces featuring handmade polymer clay beads! Maybe I'll commission him to make some pi beads next time? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment