Friday, March 1, 2013

Foodie Friday: The Perfect Cookie

Since Christmas, I have been on a quest to find the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to the basic chocolate chip; my favorite style is the chewy, savory kind. I've experimented with about a half dozen recipes to accomplish this, as well as solicited help from the vast hivemind of the Internet, all for naught. This week, I definitely made huge strides in the right direction. The cookies I made turned out to be (in my humble opinion) perfection.

I went back to the basics with my tried-and-true Arm & Hammer recipe. It's one I'm familiar with, so it's a good one for experimentation. As per the suggestion of my friend Jessie, I upped the ratio of brown sugar to white sugar. I also baked it at a slightly lower temperature for a slightly longer period of time.

Of course, since this experiment tweaked two variables, I'll have to make another batch later to see which of those two had the most effect. Baking for science!

No comments:

Post a Comment