Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday 5: More Questions About Buildings and Food

Smorgatarta

What’s the best layered food?

Lasagna, for me, is basically the only layered food. I may be Swedish, but smörgåstårtar (pictured above) freak me out.

What’s the best rolled food?

There are so many options, aren't there? Enchiladas (and I would say burritos count, too), cannoli, gimbap, California rolls, kanelbullar...the list goes on! But for nostalgia purposes, I'll have to say it's a tie between cannoli and gimbap.

Gimbap: confused with sushi, but actually not.


What’s the most recent cuisine you’ve tried for the first time from an ethnicity not your own?

I had some Turkish pistachio candy at a student's house on Monday.


What’s a food that scares you?

San-nakji: octopus arms. While the octopus is technically dead by the time it's on your plate, octopus anatomy means that the nerves in the arms and tentacles are still doing their squirmy, moving thing by the time they're on your plate. The Japanese puffer fish won't kill you if it's prepared correctly, but even if san-nakji is prepared correctly, the very nature of the dish makes it a potentially deadly choking hazard.


What’s something you eat solely because it’s good for you?

Even the healthy food I eat, I eat because it's tasty. The only thing I consume purely for health reasons are vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment