Thursday, January 19, 2017

TBT: Purple and Yellow Fiber Optic Earrings

The goodie bags I picked up on my trip to the US in October seem like they're bottomless! But I think we're approaching the end. At least, the end of pieces I don't want to cannibalize for something better. Eight? Nine? years later and I still like these fiber optic earrings enough to keep them as is.

Computer Science Jewelry - Fiber Optic Earrings - Gamer Programmer Sciart STEM Internet Cybertwee Jewelry
Purple and yellow fiber optic earrings from Kokoba
Fun fact: purple and gold are actually my high school colors, but I didn't make these out of a fit of ~~be true to your school~~. I just think they look nice together!

Computer Science Jewelry - Fiber Optic Earrings - Gamer Programmer Sciart STEM Internet Cybertwee Jewelry
Purple and yellow fiber optic earrings

I think I'll be back in the US in August; I'm wondering if I should pick up as many fiber optic beads as I can get my hands on. It's probably a dated look for most people (the stock these beads came from dated back to the 80s or maybe early 90s), but I think there's potential for a nerdy niche market. Maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment