Monday, January 23, 2017

Newly Listed: DNA Chainmaille Earrings

I am team No Piercings, which means that 90% of the time I completely neglect making earrings, and then 10% of the time I remember that other people have holes in their ears and binge-make a whole bunch. (Of earrings, not ears.) Here are the goodies from my latest binge: chainmaille DNA earrings.

Biology sciart science jewelry double helix DNA earrings
Chainmaille DNA earrings by Kokoba


I use two different weaves that resemble DNA's double helix spiral: This is Not Food and Inverted Spiral. (I also want to be very clear: these weaves are not my creation!) These earrings are an example of This is Not Food.

Biology sciart science jewelry double helix DNA earrings

The jump rings and the ear wire are both base metal (an alloy of copper, nickel, and zinc). I'm not comfortable enough with maille to pull out the big precious metal guns, but one day! However, these and all of my earrings can be set on sterling silver ear wire for those of you with sensitive skin or nickel allergies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment