Thursday, January 26, 2017

#TBT Truncated Bohr Radius Bracelet in Amethyst and Lapis

Of course as soon as I was featured at STARtorialist's booth at AAS 229, I came down with a cold (and work) and haven't been listing new stuff in the shop. OF COURSE.

One piece I managed to get up there is a Kokoba beta release. Judging by the design this is probably from 2011? Or so?

Science physics sciart jewelry Bohr amethyst lapis bracelet
Truncated Bohr Radius Bracelet by Kokoba
It's more old stock that Lawyer Mom has been holding on to, at any rate.

The number featured is a truncated version of the Bohr radius. I don't usually like truncating the physical constants if I can help it, so I suspect this was a stash buster to use up the rest of some supplies (probably the lapis beads used in between digits). I always have loads of amethyst in my bead box.

Science physics sciart jewelry Bohr amethyst lapis bracelet


(Incidentally, Steven Universe has made it a lot more exciting to just casually mention gemstones in my posts, haha. I wish I could hang out with Amethyst in real life!)

Science physics sciart jewelry Bohr amethyst lapis bracelet


A few years ago I made an effort to branch out into other numbers/constants. Years later I'm not sure which ones I should focus on. The Bohr radius seems a little obscure—maybe I would be better off sticking with G and c? I don't know. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment