Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday 5: Questions to Make Your Hands Clammy

Apropos as fuck for our fishy-ass new commander-in-chief.

Who’s been a ray of sunshine lately?

My English students. In Cure, Marchant cites a study about how spending just an hour with kids every week can keep the elderly from slipping into the worst pits of old age: depression, dementia, aches and pains, etc. Even though it involves waking up early on a Sunday, the three hours I spend with my students does a lot to affect my mood. They don't always want to study, but they're always happy to see me and having the time to play and chat with them afterwards makes it all worth it. The weeks where I don't have any tutoring appointments are the weeks I end up feeling the crappiest.

Hah, crappy!

Arkansas Game and Fish Commission

When do you next expect to be stuffed to the gills?

Tonight's pizza night, so in a few hours?


Among people you know, who can really tell a whale of a tale?

Back when I was a cave tour guide, one of my coworkers was the most ridiculous compulsive liar ever. It took me a little while to catch on—I'm naive—but things just spiraled out of control. It wasn't anything related to our job, so it didn't really matter, but he was just so OTT.


What’s something you’ve been herring good things about?

One of my friends just recommended The OA, so JV and I will probably start watching that soon.


Which of the S.S. Minnow‘s passengers or crew do you think you’d get along best with?

I don't know. I haven't seen a single episode of Gilligan's Island. Weirdly enough, JV and I only just got around to watching the MST3K episode The Space Children, featuring the professor as a drunk child beater! (It also had Uncle Fester as a rocket scientist.)

2 comments:

  1. "Back when I was a cave tour guide..." Wait, what? Go on lol.

    Also A+ pun usage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was a tour guide for a small cave in PA for a billion (well, 9) summers before I moved! I should put all of my tour guide stories in a Talky Tuesday post at one point but it was like a cross between Clerks and Adventureland.

      Delete